82. If a pipe fills a tank full in 5h, what part of the tank will be filled by the pipe in 1h ?
83. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 18h and 12h respectively. If both the pipes are opened simultaneously how much time will be taken to fill the tank?
84. A can complete a work in 12 days, whereas A and B together can complete the same work in 9 days. How many days will it take B to complete the work?
85. A and B take Rs 660 for doing a piece of work together. If working alone 6 days and 5 days respectively. What is the share of A?
86. P,Q and R take Rs 1320 to do a piece of work. P and Q do 8/11 of that work and remaining work is completed by R. What is the share of R?
87. A and B together can do a piece of work in 4 days. If A alone can do it in 6 days. In how many days B can alone complete the same piece of work?
88. A and B invested Rs 24000 and 8000 for a period of 2 year. They earned Rs 48000. What will be the share of B out of this earning?
89. Ajay and Priya joined a business. The investment of Ajay is equal to three times the investment of Priya. After a year the shares of Ajay in the annual profit of Rs 52000
90. A, B and C invested their capital into a partnership in the following manner; A invests one half for the capital for three-fourth of the time, B invests one-third of the capital for one half of the time and C invests the remaining capital for the whole time. If the profit earned in Rs 510 then profit of A is
91. The price of rice has been increased by 20%. How many per cent should Sanjay reduce the consumption of rice in the family. So that the expenditure on rice remains the same as before in increase of the price of rice?
92. Rajan and Sajan started a business initially with Rs 14200 and Rs 15600 respectively. If the total profit is Rs 74500 what is Rajan's share in the profit?
93. A man mixes wine with spirit. The prices of 1 l wine and spirit are Rs 180 and Rs 100 respectively. how much quantity of spirit should be mix with 50 l of wine, so that there is neither profit nor loss, if mixture is being sold at Rs 50 per liter?
94. A shopkeeper has 100 kg of tea. He sells a part of it at 20% profit and the rest at 5% loss. If his overall profit is 10%. The quantity which sold at 20% profit is
95. A , B and C enter into a partnership. Their capital contribution is in the ratio 7:9:14 respectively. At the end of the business term they share profits in the ratio 5:4:9. The ratio of time for which they invest their capitals is
96. A container contains 50 litres of milk. From this container, 10 litres of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process is repeated one more time. How much milk is now left in the container?
97. A 2 jars of capacity 8 litres and 10 litres are filled with mixtures of liquids A and B. In the smaller jar 40 % of mixture is A; and in the larger jar 40% mixture of B. The jars are empties into a 20 litres container and the remaining volume is filled up with water. What is the percentage of A in a container ?
98. In a concoction of Tea which weight 98 kg contain Nilgiri Green tea and Nilgiri white green tea in a ratio 5 : 2 . On that concoction of tea how much kg of Nilgiri white tea should be mix so that the ratio become 2 : 1 ?
99. A mixture of water and milk weighing 5 kg contains 5 % water . How much more water must be poured into it to make it 10% ?
100. A mixture contains water and alcohol in the ratio 3:4.If 5 litres of water is added to the mixture,the ratio becomes 5:4.Find the quantity of alcohol in the given mixture.
101. In what ratio must rice at Rs 8.30 per kg be mixed with rice at Rs. 9.70 per kg so that the mixture be worth Rs. 9.2 per kg?
102. Meena is making a lemonade of 15 liters , the ratio of lemon juice and water in the mixture is 3.5 : 1.5. The quantity of water to be added in the mixture in order to make this ratio 1.5 : 3.5 is ?
103. In a 50 litre mixture of water and milk,water is only 20%.The milkman gives 10 litres 'of this' mixture to a customer and then he adds up 10litres of pure water in the remaining mixture.What is the percentage of water in the final micture?
104. Mr Sharma drawn 10 liters of lemon juice from a vessel full of lemon juice. It is then filled up with water. Again he drawn 10 liters of the mixture and again he filled the vessel with water. The ratio of the quantity of lemon juice now left in the vessel is to that of the water in it as 144 : 25. Find the capacity of the vessel.
105. In what proportion John will mixed petrol with kerosene costing Rs 48/ liter in order to get a mixture worth of Rs.32 /liter?
106. From a drum having pure grape juice, 20% is replaced by water and the process is repeated thrice. At the end of the third operation the grape juice is.
107. Mr Ghosh made two mixture of grape juice, in one mixture he mix sugar syrup with pure grape juice in a proportion of 1 : 2 and in another mixture he mix sugar syrup and pure grape juice in a proportion of 3 : 4. Then how he will mix this two mixture together so that in the final mixture proportion of sugar syrup and pure grape juice will be 2 : 3.
108. What is meant by Alligation?