217. A box originally cost Rs. 50.00. The box was offered for sale at 108% of its cost. After a week the price was discounted 10% and the box was sold. The box was sold for..?
218. A man bought 7 oranges for a rupee and sold them at a profit of 40%. How many oranges did he sell for a rupee ?
219. 4% more is gained by selling a book for Rs. 180 than by selling it at Rs. 175. Find the cost price of the book.
220. If I sell rice at Rs. 5.40 per kg. I incur 10% loss. At what price should I sell rice to earn a profit 20%
221. The fruitseller buys oranges at the rate of Rs. 10 per dozen and sells 10 for 12. What percent of profit does he make ?
222. A sum of money is divided among A,B and C in such a way that A gets half as much as B and B gets half as C. If C gets Rs. 280. How much does A get ?
223. 25 litres of a solution contains milk and water in the ratio 2 : 1. 5 litres are drawn out and replaced by 5 litres of water.This operation is done 1 more time.Find the ratio of milk and water in the solution after the second operation.
224. A borrower pays 6% interest on the first Rs. 500 he borrows and 5% on the part of the loan in excess of Rs. 500. How much interest will the borrower have to pay on a loan of Rs. 5500 ?
225. the capacity of three vessels A,B and C is in the ratio 1:2:3. these vessels contain milk and water in the ratio 4:1,3:2 and 2:3 respectively (the vessels are filled with the milk - water solution to the brim). if the milk and water solution of these vessels are emptied together in a bigger vessel, then what will be the ratio of milk and water in the bigger vessel ?
226. If 5 kilograms of vegetable lose 800 gram is drying what part of the original weight was water ?
227. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:6 and if 4 is subtracted from each, they are reduced to ratio 4:5 The smaller number is....?
228. A bag contains only wheat. 5 kg of sand is added to the bag. the resulting mixture has 20% sand by weight. how much sand (in kg) must be added to the bag in order to form a mixture which has 50% wheat bt weight ?
229. If the price of sugar is increased by 10 percent, by what percent should its consumption be reduced so that expenses on sugar may remain the same ?
230. A bag contains only wheat 5 kg. of sand is added to the bag. the resulting mixture has 20% sand by weight. how much sand (in kg) must be added to the bag in order to form a mixture which has 50% wheat by weight?
231. The ratio of camels to elephants to horses on a farm is 40 : 8 : 12, If there are 120 camels on the farm, then the number of horses on the farm is...?
232. THe sum of two numbers that are in the ratio of 5:9 is 308. The numbers are....?
233. The ratio in lengths of two logs in 5:7, If the difference of length of logs is 12 metres, what is the length of the bigger log ?
234. A mixture of 20 liters of milk and water contains 20% of water. The new mixture is formed by adding 5 liters of water. What is the percentage of milk in the new mixture?
235. What price should a shopkeeper mark on a article, costing him Rs. 250 to gain 10% after allowing a discount of 15% ?
236. The cost price of 15 copies of a book is equal to the selling price of 12 copies of 12 copies of the same book. What is the gain percent ?
237. A milk vendor buys 5 litres milk at the rate of Rs. 10 a litre and after mixing water in it sells it at Rs. 12 a litre. If he wishes to make a profit of 80%, how much water should be add ?
238. A shopkeeper had stock worth Rs. 1000 and Rs. 100 in cash in the morning. He gave Rs. 20 to his son and contributed Rs. 11 for Puja. At the end of the day, he found that he had stock of Rs. 750 and Rs. 450 in cash. What is his net revenue for the day ?
239. An Internet package originally costs Rs. 100 and was discounted 10% After three months it was sold after being discounted 15% How much was the package sold for ?
240. SP = RS. 450 Loss = 10% If gain = 10% SP = ?
241. 10% less students pass in Mathematics than in English. If totally 304 students pass in both the subjects, how many students pass in Mathematics ?
242. A bag contains only wheat 5 kg. of sand is added to the bag. the resulting mixture has 20% sand by weight. how much sand (in kg) must be added to the bag in order to form a mixture which has 50% wheat by weight?
243. A bag contains only wheat. 5 kg of sand is added to the bag. the resulting mixture has 20% sand by weight. how much sand (in kg) must be added to the bag in order to form a mixture which has 50% wheat bt weight ?